Attend the no-obligation Introductory Workshop on February 26, 2014 from 1 pm to 5 pm. Details to follow.
- * 18+ years of age or older
- * College degree (bachelor or higher)
- * Unemployed or underemployed
- * Legally cleared to work in the United States — if not a citizen (see I-9 accepted forms of proof)
- * Registered with the Selective Service (if male, born Jan 1, 1960 forward)
- * Registered with Employ Florida Marketplace
- * Completed and signed application w/proof of eligibility documents (see below)
* Veterans are given preference in the selection process.
For more information or to find out if you qualify, contact: Michael O’Donnell, Regional Project Manager, 954-202-3830, Ext. 3120, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- * Interested in entrepreneurship / self-employment in tech-related industries, or going to work for a tech startup.
- * Attend the Introductory Workshop on February 26, 2014.
- * Willing and able to commit to the full 10-week program, every Wednesday afternoon between March 12, 2014 – May 14, 2014.
- * Consent to participate in periodic follow-up and survey tracking for several years after the conclusion of the program.
- * Signed consent to participate in the evaluation study.
Application and Eligibility Documents to Submit
- * Application
- * Alternative Contact Form
- * Copy of driver’s license
- * Copy of signed Social Security Card (or employment pay stub or IRS form with applicant name and SS#)
- * Proof of eligibility to work in U.S. if non-citizen (I-9)
- * Proof of Selective Service Registration – if male born Jan 1, 1960 forward (copy of DD-214 is sufficient)
- * Copy of DD-214 if a veteran
- * Signed Commitment Form (will be handed out at the Introductory Workshop on February 27, 2014)
- * Records Release Consent Form
How to Submit Your Application and Eligibility Documents
You may mail, scan and email, or drop off your documents at a WorkForce One Center.
Startup Quest at WorkForce One
Attn: Mike O’Donnell
6301 NW 5th Way
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
By Email: (please sign, scan and save in PDF format)
By Drop Off Days/Times:
Monday, Wednesday or Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. | Tuesday or Thursday, 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
WorkForce One North
2301 W. Sample Road, Building 4
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
WorkForce One Central
2550 W. Oakland Park Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
WorkForce One South
7550 Davie Road Extension
Hollywood, FL 33024
Selection Process: 75% Enrolled, 25% Control Group
Eligible candidates (as outlined above) will be randomly selected by a third-party Program Evaluator. NOT EVERYONE WHO MEETS THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND AGREES TO PARTICIPATE WILL BE SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE. Of the total number who sign up to participate, 75% will be enrolled in the program and 25% will not be enrolled, but will serve as a “control group” to gauge the efficacy of the program. (Yes, we realize it is unfortunate that 25% of those eligible and selected will be unable to undergo the training, but we have no control over this requirement. It is a stipulation of the grant provided by the U.S. Dept. of Labor). However, those who are selected for the Control Group will be directed to other entrepreneurial training programs offered by our community partners and available through our One Stop Centers.